Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Finding Balance And My Weekly Goal
I'm trying to find the balance in my life after switching from being a working mom to a stay at home mom. I thought it would be a lot easier after giving up my job to focus on the most important things in life... My kids and husband. But it's funny how you can get rid of one thing, such as a job and start filling your time with other.... Stuff. Some days I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job finding a nice balance in life, but then there's other days where it's total chaos.
My days go better when I have a plan. It might not always go the way I thought the day would go, but I feel so much more productive and worthwhile when I start the day out with a plan. So how do I find balance in my life?
- I think it's important to take car of yourself. When you take care of and love yourself, your a better mom, wife, neighbor, ect. So I try to get some type of workout in in the morning. I teach yoga twice a week and try to do some cardio or weights on the other days. Again, I don't always follow " my plan" but this is my intent.
- When I come home, I try to get my house clean and at least one load of laundry done. That way it all doesn't pile up at the end of the day or week.
- After that, I try to make some quality time with my kids. Whether that's going to a park, snuggling on the couch or playing a game. I try to keep my phone away from me at this point so I can give my kids my undivided attention.
- By now it's time for Cams nap, and Ashtyn can either play on the iPad, watch tv or do a craft. This is my chance to fill some orders for my Etsy shop, or any other little project I needed to get to. I always feel guilty for working on my Etsy shop during the day, but found that nap/quiet time is the perfect chance for me to do something I enjoy without the guilt! Around the time Cam wakes up, I look to see what was planned for dinner ( I try to plan out our weekly meals on Sunday) and see what time I need to get things going to eat by 5:30. I'm not gonna lie, after that, it's kind of a free for all until bed time. Like I said earlier, not all days look like this but at least I have a little bit of a plan.
- I also think its important to break away from your routine, especially on the weekends and do something you enjoy. For me, it's doing little craft projects and going on a date with the hubby.
- Know when to say no. We don't have to have every bit of our time occupied. It's okay to take a minute to sit down with your kids and relax, and not feel guilty about it. I think it's important to do service and things for others, but if you have every second of your day planned, you won't be available to do that when your needed. So these are my little ways of finding balance. What do you do to find balance in your life?
Recently I posted my New Years goals for review to see how I'm doing. I decided to set some weekly goals so things don't seem so daunting! So this week I plan to
- actually purchase a picture of Christ and
- drink more water
I can handle 2 goals for the week right?!?